Easily schedule your Apologia Constitutional Literacy curriculum with these lesson plans for your Homeschool Planet subscription. Apologia Constitutional Literacy brings to life the history, theory, and application of the Constitution from a conservative Christian viewpoint preparing your student to be an informed citizen.
Apologia Constitutional Literacy
What You Get:
- The publisher's recommended course of study
- 25 weeks of assignments, with all assignments including Reading, Watching DVD, and Completing the Workbook broken down day by day.
- Checkboxes for your students to check off as they complete their assignments, providing them with a sense of accomplishment and a permanent record of their achievement.
- Automatic lesson plan updates as needed, with enhancements, link updates, etc.
Note: You decide whether to apply the updates.
Please note: Curriculum is not included with your lesson plan and should be purchased separately. Select the "More Info" link located in each lesson plan option below for a description of the curriculum and an affiliate link to purchase the curriculum. This lesson plan is subject to copyright laws and cannot be used beyond those in your household. By “household” we mean a person or persons sharing the same single family housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. You may reach us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Automatic rescheduling of assignments when "life happens"
- "Daily Digest" email reminders to help you and your child stay on track
- Grade your student's work to recognize or reward completion.
- Track attendance for states where this is required.
- Generate reports, reminders, and much more!
Constitutional Literacy For Grades 9 - 12
The curriculum for this Constitutional Literacy lesson plan can be found by using the following link~
Constitutional Literacy Workbook
By Michael Farris / Apologia Educational Ministries
Designed to accompany the Constitutional Literacy DVD Series (sold-separately), this workbook will help you turn the 25-part DVD series into a full high-school level course.
The Constitution is the document that's guided the development of the United States of America from its inception. It was formed by the Founding Fathers by the authority of the people, and it was expected that "We the People" would be vigilant to protect and defend its contents and abide by its restrictions on power.
Written from a Constitutionally Conservative perspective, this course will guide students to understand that our current judicial system is not following the rule of law-meaning that courts follow a fixed and knowable meaning of each written document, based upon the original meaning of the document.
Dr. Michael Farris, founder and chancellor of Patrick Henry College and chairman of the Home School Legal Defense Association, brings the U.S. Constitution to life for modern Americans by examining these questions: What does the Constitution actually say? What does it mean? What were the Founders' intentions for this document? And how is it being interpreted to shape our laws and way of life today?
Students will first read the workbook chapter, then watch the DVD lecture with the workbook, pausing and answering questions as they watch the video. The rate of one episode per week is recommended so that the course can be finished in less than 9 months. Lessons contain the following segments:
- Purpose: lists objectives
- Parlance: lists legal terminology with space to copy the definition of each word
- Preamble: the topic introduction with historical background or framed in the context of everyday life
- Ponder: a digging deeper section that tests knowledge and comprehension with study questions
- Payoff: a summarization of the issues and arguments
- Probe: assignments to self-explore how concepts relate to contemporary issues
A link to all of the online answers for the study questions is included. Parents may wish to note that two chapters deal with abortion and homosexual rights and are inappropriate for younger students. 349 pages, softcover, spiralbound, with glossary and copy of the Constitution included. NIV and KJV Scripture used. Non-reproducible, consumable workbook. Grades 9-12.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means we may garner a small commission at no cost to you if you choose to make a purchase. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure Statement for more information.