Simplify the planning and scheduling of your Apologia Exploring Creation Health & Nutrition curriculum with these lesson plans for your Homeschool Planet subscription. Apologia Exploring Creation with Health and Nutrition curriculum covers the physical, social, mental, and spiritual concepts that maturing students need to know to help them make the best choices they can for themselves as they become young adults.
Apologia Health & Nutrition
What You Get:
- The publisher-recommended course of study
- Daily lessons with convenient page number referencing for all the Apologia Exploring Creation with Health & Nutrition assignments.
- Checkboxes for your students to check off as they complete their assignments, providing them with a sense of accomplishment and a permanent record of their achievement.
- Automatic lesson plan updates as needed, with enhancements, link updates, etc.
Note: You decide whether to apply the updates.
Please note: Curriculum is not included with your lesson plan and should be purchased separately. Select the "More Info" link located in each lesson plan option below for a description of the curriculum and an affiliate link to purchase the curriculum. This lesson plan is subject to copyright laws and cannot be used beyond those in your household. By “household” we mean a person or persons sharing the same single family housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. You may reach us with any questions at email@example.com.
- Automatic rescheduling of assignments when "life happens"
- "Daily Digest" email reminders to help you and your child stay on track
- Grade your student's work to recognize or reward completion.
- Track attendance for states where this is required.
- Generate reports, reminders, and much more!
- Complete your purchase.
- Sign into Homeschool Planet or refresh the page in your planner if you are already signed in. Homeschool Planet will give you an option to apply any new lesson plans you have purchased to your calendar.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to apply the lesson plan, or find it later in your Homeschool Planet Lesson Plans library where it will be permanently saved for later use and re-use in years to come.
- Read your email confirmation for instructions concerning any curriculum purchases.
Apologia Health and Nutrition For Grades 9 - 12
The curriculum for this Apologia Health and Nutrition lesson plan can be found by using the following link~
Exploring Creation with Health and Nutrition Course (Textbook & Student Notebook)
By Laura Chase / Apologia Educational Ministries
Apologia's Exploring Creation with Health and Nutrition covers what maturing students need to know to help them make the best choices they can for themselves as they become young adults. This 15-module course, which includes both a hardcover textbook and a spiral bound notebook, covers the physical, nutritional, emotional, and spiritual aspects of growing into a healthy adult. Students will study the systems of the human body, senses, genetics, temperaments, and the physical influence on thoughts and feelings. The course respectfully covers mental illness and emotional stability, as well as the value of human beings, our culture, our gender roles, our families, socialization, communication skills, and conflict resolution skills. Students will gain an in-depth knowledge of both macronutrients and micronutrients, including the importance of exercise and proper diet. Over 50 projects, noted in the textbook and included in the student notebook, cover materials such as nature versus nurture, personal temperament, good decision-making skills, boundary setting, analyzing food intake and activity levels, creating good hygiene habits, keeping a sleep record, and more.
Parental Note: This is a full health textbook. Some students may not be matured enough to discuss some of the topics. The reproductive systems are covered in detail, including accurate, yet respectful, illustrations and descriptions. This text respectfully discusses the act of marriage, sexual misconduct, pregnancy, and sexually transmitted diseases. In addition, chapters discuss alcohol and drug abuse, depression, pornography and other topics that also require maturity. Please use your knowledge of your students to decide if this course is appropriate for their maturity levels.
Recommended Grades: 8-12 (recommend with 9th grade Biology).
This kit includes:
- Textbook, 448 pages, hardcover
- Student Notebook, 366 pages, softcover
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means we may garner a small commission at no cost to you if you choose to make a purchase. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure Statement for more information.