Modern Parables seeks to re-create the emotional immediacy that Jesus’ 1st-century audience felt when hearing the parables. It does this by using some of the best parable scholarship and exploring it through creative filmmaking. The gut-level understanding made possible by the films is intended to drive listeners into a deeper understanding of the Bible.
Designed for Family or Group use, the set includes:
- 6 parable films and 6 application videos for 12 complete lessons.
- Parables included: Hidden Treasure, Samaritan, The Shrewd Manager, The Widow & Judge, The Sower, and Prodigal Sons.
- 6 director’s commentaries that can be used with material in the Leader’s Guide to teach 6 additional lessons on Cinematic Theology.
- Leader’s Guide with two introductory chapters on the parables, twelve detailed teacher’s notes for teaching each class, and six lessons on Cinematic Theology.
- Study Book with twelve in-depth chapters on the Biblical content of the parables.
The films are not just loosely based on the parables, but very accurately follow the original text. The goal of the films is to re-create the emotional, intellectual, and spiritual impact of the original parables. It is high integrity to the Word of God in all its parts that makes the study so effective.
By modernizing the parables, they become more accessible to a contemporary audience. People can immediately relate to what the films are saying as well as to what the pastors are teaching. The pastoral application videos show how the parables relate to our daily lives, as well as how we each fit into the broader scope of the Kingdom of God.
- The publisher-recommended course of study
- Daily assignments, with links to support materials.
Actual curriculum is not included, and should be purchased separately.
Please note: This lesson plan is subject to copyright laws and cannot be used beyond those in your household. By “household” we mean a person or persons sharing the same single family housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. You may reach us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Automatic rescheduling of assignments when “life happens”
- “Daily Digest” email reminders to help you and your child stay on track
- Grade your student’s work to recognize or reward completion.
- Track attendance for states where this is required.
- Generate reports, reminders, and much more!