Include your Grammar for the Well Trained Mind curriculum into your homeschool schedule quickly and easily with these lesson plans for your Homeschool Planet subscription. One of the wonderful things about these lesson plans for Grammar for the Well Trained Mind is that you can use them for any level within the Grammar for the Well Trained Mind series. Currently Red and Purple are available. Two more levels are to be released. The Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind curriculum for grades 5-12 is a thorough, easy-to-use grammar program that will bring students from the early stages of basic definitions through advanced sentence structure and analysis.
Grammar for the Well Trained Mind
What You Get:
- The publisher's recommended course of study
- A full school year of scheduled assignments and reviews for each level
- Convenient page number referencing to your Grammar for the Well Trained Mind text (Red, Purple, Blue, or Yellow)
- Checkboxes for your students to check off as they complete their assignments, providing them with a sense of accomplishment and a permanent record of their achievement.
- Automatic lesson plan updates as needed, with enhancements, link updates, etc.
Note: You decide whether to apply the updates.
Please note: Curriculum is not included with your lesson plan and should be purchased separately. Select the "More Info" link located in each lesson plan option below for a description of the curriculum and an affiliate link to purchase the curriculum.
- Automatic rescheduling of assignments when "life happens"
- "Daily Digest" email reminders to help you and your child stay on track
- Grade your student's work to recognize or reward completion.
- Track attendance for states where this is required.
- Generate reports, reminders, and much more!
- Complete your purchase.
- Sign into Homeschool Planet or refresh the page in your planner if you are already signed in. Homeschool Planet will give you an option to apply any new lesson plans you have purchased to your calendar.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to apply the lesson plan, or find it later in your Homeschool Planet Lesson Plans library where it will be permanently saved for later use and re-use in years to come.
- Read your email confirmation for instructions concerning any curriculum purchases.
Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind For Grades 5 - 12
The curriculum for this Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind lesson plan can be found by using the following link~
Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind Core Instructor Text, Years 1-4
By Susan Wise Bauer & Audrey Anderson / Well-Trained Mind Press
The Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind curriculum is a thorough, easy-to-use grammar program that will bring students from the early stages of basic definitions through advanced sentence structure and analysis. Picking up where the First Language Lessons series left off, this course will give students the grammar skills needed to write and speak well.
The Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind Core Instructor Text includes fully scripted dialogue for the teacher (with answers the students are supposed to give in italics), all rules and examples, and teaching notes that explain any ambiguities and difficulties that might be encountered.
The publisher has planned four levels, each covering one year, for this curriculum (as of March 2019 the red and purple levels are available). Each workbook will contain the same rules and examples-but four completely different sets of exercises and assignments, allowing students to develop a wide-ranging knowledge of how the rules and examples are put to use in writing. This instructor text can then be used for any of the years.
Parents and teachers go through the dialogue, rules, and examples in this Core Instructor Text while students follow along in the Workbook. The Comprehensive Handbook of Rules covers all the rules along with repeated examples and will become the student's guide to writing. Answers to workbook exercises are given in the workbook key. All other books are sold-separately.
This innovative program combines the three essential elements of language learning: understanding and memorizing rules (prescriptive teaching), repeated exposure to examples of how those rules are used (descriptive instruction), and practice using those rules in exercises and in writing (practical experience).
Grade 5 & up. Covers four years of instruction.
386 pages, softcover.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means we may garner a small commission at no cost to you if you choose to make a purchase. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure Statement for more information.