These IEW-approved lesson plans help you take full advantage IEW's Intro to Public Speaking course. In this twelve-week course, middle- and high-school students learn memory and delivery techniques as they write and present five speeches: self-introductory, narrative, expository, persuasive, and impromptu. Students evaluate recorded speeches in preparation for self-evaluation. This self-explanatory program empowers teachers to help students become competent and confident public speakers.
IEW Intro to Public Speaking
What you get with each lesson plan:
- 1 semester of IEW-recommended assignments
- Check boxes for your students to check off as they complete their assignments, giving them a sense of accomplishment and you a permanent record of their achievement.
- Automatic lesson plan updates as needed, with enhancements, link updates, etc.
- Note: You decide whether to apply the updates.
Actual curriculum is not included and should be purchased separately.
Please note: These lesson plans are subject to copyright laws and cannot be used beyond those in your household. By “household” we mean a person or persons sharing the same single family housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. You may reach us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Automatic rescheduling of assignments when "life happens"
- "Daily Digest" email reminders to help you and your child stay on track
- Grade your student's work to recognize or reward completion.
- Track attendance for states where this is required.
- Generate reports, reminders, and much more!
Introduction to Public Speaking For Grades 6 - 12