Adding your MasterBooks: Introduction to Logic curriculum to your homeschool schedule is easier with these lesson plans for use with your Homeschool Planet subscription. Master Books' Introduction to Logic: Informal Fallacies introduces logic - the principles of correct reasoning - from a Christian perspective and helps students learn and use logic clearly, concisely, and confidently.
Introduction to Logic
What You Get:
- The publisher recommended course of study
- A full school year, 36 weeks, of scheduled assignments.
- Checkboxes for your students to check off as they complete their assignments, providing them with a sense of accomplishment and a permanent record of their achievement.
- Automatic lesson plan updates as needed, with enhancements, link updates, etc.
Note: You decide whether to apply the updates.
Please note: Curriculum is not included with your lesson plan and should be purchased separately. Select the "More Info" link located in each lesson plan option below for a description of the curriculum and an affiliate link to purchase the curriculum.
- Automatic rescheduling of assignments when "life happens"
- "Daily Digest" email reminders to help you and your child stay on track
- Grade your student's work to recognize or reward completion.
- Track attendance for states where this is required.
- Generate reports, reminders, and much more!
- Complete your purchase.
- Sign into Homeschool Planet or refresh the page in your planner if you are already signed in. Homeschool Planet will give you an option to apply any new lesson plans you have purchased to your calendar.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to apply the lesson plan, or find it later in your Homeschool Planet Lesson Plans library where it will be permanently saved for later use and re-use in years to come.
- Read your email confirmation for instructions concerning any curriculum purchases.
Introduction to Logic For Grades 8 - 10
The curriculum for this Introduction to Logic lesson plan can be found by using the following link~
Introduction to Logic Set
By Jason Lisle / Master Books
Master Books' Introduction to Logic: Informal Fallacies introduces logic - the principles of correct reasoning - from a Christian perspective. Students will learn to understand how logic is different from other areas they might have conflated it with (like science, or stoicism) and they'll see how God is pro-reason and how logic intersects with what we know of God through His Word. Chapters cover the basics of inductive and deductive reasoning, if the Christian faith is illogical, syllogisms, and other foundational concepts before examining specific informal logical fallacies such as accent, hasty generalization, beginning the question, the bifurcation fallacy, the No True Scotsman Fallacy, the Slippery Slope, the Straw Man, and more. Full-color chapters feature helpful colorful charts and illustrations with important words highlighted. Grades 8-10.
The teacher's guide covers 180 days of instruction and includes a weekly lesson schedule, student worksheets & practice sheets, quizzes & a final exam, and a line-listed answer key. Worksheets include a chapter view followed by short answer questions. Each worksheet is labeled with the day, chapter and worksheet number for easy tracking.
This course covers 1 year of logic at the recommended schedule of 30-45 minutes per lesson, 5 days per week. Grades 8-10.
This kit includes:
- Teacher's Guide. 153 perforated, three-hole-punched pages, softcover.
- Student Book, 183 pages, softcover.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means we may garner a small commission at no cost to you if you choose to make a purchase. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure Statement for more information.