Seamlessly add your Jensen’s Vocabulary curriculum from Master Books to your homeschool schedule with these lesson plans for use with your Homeschool Planet subscription. Build an extensive vocabulary with Jensen’s Vocabulary course! In this course students will learn over 1,000 valuable words from Latin and Greek roots as they learn how prefixes, suffixes, and root words fit together to communicate thoughts, concepts, and ideas!
What You Get:
- The publisher-recommended course of study
- 3 semesters lesson plan, covering all the assignments for your Jensen's Vocabulary curriculum.
- Checkboxes for your students to check off as they complete their assignments, providing them with a sense of accomplishment and a permanent record of their achievement.
- Automatic lesson plan updates as needed, with enhancements, link updates, etc.
Note: You decide whether to apply the updates.
Please note: Curriculum is not included with your lesson plan and should be purchased separately. Select the "More Info" link located in each lesson plan option below for a description of the curriculum and an affiliate link to purchase the curriculum. These lesson plans are subject to copyright laws and cannot be used beyond those in your household. By “household” we mean a person or persons sharing the same single family housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. You may reach us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Automatic rescheduling of assignments when “life happens”
- “Daily Digest” email reminders to help you and your child stay on track
- Grade your student’s work to recognize or reward completion.
- Track attendance for states where this is required.
- Generate reports, reminders, and much more!
Jensen’s Vocabulary For Grades 7 - 12
The curriculum for this Jensen's Vocabulary lesson plan can be found by using the following link~
Jensen's Vocabulary, Second Edition
By Frode Jensen / Master Books
Teach English from the roots up with Jensen's Vocabulary's systematic program. As students learn Latin and Greek bases, prefixes, and suffixes, they'll learn how to spell a word from the "sum of its parts" and increase their ability to decode the definitions of words. Designed around a 5-day "spaced repetition" model, students begin with Lesson A, where they try to match definitions with words after they write out the words with the correct definition on a separate piece of paper to use a personal study sheet. The following three lessons feature various exercises to help students learn roots and meanings; on the fifth day students can review, study, or take a quarterly test. The first "A" lessons take approximately 20-30 minutes; the other lessons should not take more than 15 minutes per lesson. Weekly tests can take 20-30 minutes. Four possible schedules are included for one-year, 18-months, two-years, and self-paced options. At approximately 30 minutes per lesson, five days per week, the course will take one-and-a-half years. <strong>What You Get:</strong>
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means we may garner a small commission at no cost to you if you choose to make a purchase. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure Statement for more information.