Utilize the free online Khan Academy courses to their best advantage with these lesson plans for use with your Homeschool Planet subscription. With an easy to navigate platform and well designed courses, Khan Academy provides an excellent toolbox of solutions for your student!
Khan Academy History
What You Get:
- 1 school year lesson plan, covering all the assignments for the Khan Academy History courses.
- Embedded links take you directly from the online planner into the Khan videos, notes, and quizzes assigned to each day.
- Khan History Lesson Plan Bundle includes all 4 lesson plans!
- Checkboxes for your students to check off as they complete their assignments, providing them with a sense of accomplishment and a permanent record of their achievement.
- Automatic lesson plan updates as needed, with enhancements, link updates, etc.
Note: You decide whether to apply the updates.
Please note: Curriculum is not included with your lesson plan and you will need to create an account at Khan Academy to utilize these lesson plans well. Select the "More Info" link located in each lesson plan option below for a description of the course each lesson plan is for. These lesson plans are subject to copyright laws and cannot be used beyond those in your household. By “household” we mean a person or persons sharing the same single family housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. You may reach us with any questions at email@example.com.
- Automatic rescheduling of assignments when "life happens"
- "Daily Digest" email reminders to help you and your child stay on track
- Grade your student's work to recognize or reward completion.
- Track attendance for states where this is required.
- Generate reports, reminders, and much more!
Khan History Lesson Plan Bundle For Grades 9 - 12
Khan World History Project - 1750 For Grades 9 - 12
Study World History from 1750 to the present using this free course from Khan Academy. This class begins with the state of the world in 1750 and progresses through major Revolutions and Industrialization. It then examines Labor, Imperialism and Colonialism and thr responses to all three. After proceeding through World War I, World War II, and the Cold War the class ends with a look at Globalization. Meeting all standards this is a rigorous review of modern World History.
Khan US History For Grades 9 - 12
Khan US History course: The United States of America is a nation with a rich history and a noble goal: government of the people, by the people, for the people. Its citizens' struggle to achieve that goal is a dramatic story stretching over hundreds of years.This Khan course follows US History from 1491 through the present day. Units covered include: Worlds Collide (1491-1607), Colonial America (1607-1754), The Road to Revolution (1754-1800), The Early Republic (1800-1848), The Civil War era (1844-1877), The Gilded Age (1865-1898), Rise to World Power (1890-1945), The Postwar Era (1945-1980), The Modern Era (1980-present).
Khan Govt & Civics For Grades 9 - 12
This Govt & Civics course from Khan Academy is a one semester class that covers the basics of government and civics for high-schoolers with both well known, and little known facts and anecdotes. Unit titles for this course: Foundations of American Democracy, Interactions among branches of government, Civil liberties and civil rights, Citizenship, American political ideologies and beliefs, and Political participation.
Khan Macro Economics For Grades 9 - 12