Seamlessly add your Catch on to Cursive curriculum from Master Books to your homeschool schedule with these lesson plans for use with your Homeschool Planet subscription. Your student will join Skeeter, Anna, and Susie on a fun writing and fishing adventure. Through full-color worksheets and exercises, your student will learn to recognize and create precise letters. This unique, whole-child approach is a fun and unforgettable way to learn cursive penmanship.
Master Books Catch on to Cursive
What You Get:
- The publisher-recommended course of study
- 1 school year lesson plan, covering all the assignments for your Catch on to Cursive curriculum.
- Checkboxes for your students to check off as they complete their assignments, providing them with a sense of accomplishment and a permanent record of their achievement.
- Catch on to Cursive Lesson Plan Bundle includes both Catch on to Cursive lesson plans!
- Automatic lesson plan updates as needed, with enhancements, link updates, etc.
Note: You decide whether to apply the updates.
Please note: Curriculum is not included with your lesson plan and should be purchased separately. Select the "More Info" link located in each lesson plan option below for a description of the curriculum and an affiliate link to purchase the curriculum. These lesson plans are subject to copyright laws and cannot be used beyond those in your household. By “household” we mean a person or persons sharing the same single family housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. You may reach us with any questions at email@example.com.
- Automatic rescheduling of assignments when "life happens"
- "Daily Digest" email reminders to help you and your child stay on track
- Grade your student's work to recognize or reward completion.
- Track attendance for states where this is required.
- Generate reports, reminders, and much more!
Catch on to Cursive Bundle For Grades K - 6
Lesson Plan Bundle includes:
Catch on to Cursive, Older
Catching on to Cursive, Younger
The curriculum for this Catch On to Cursive lesson plan can be found by using the following link~
Catch On to Cursive: A Whole Child Approach to Cursive Penmanship
By Carrie Bailey / Master Books
There are so many benefits of learning to write in cursive! Cursive writing has been shown to have a positive influence on children’s spelling, their composition skills, motor skills, and word recall. It has also been shown to support the reading and writing skills of students with dyslexia. Catch on to Cursive is a 36-week, elementary-level course that includes two schedules, so younger and older students will both benefit from the material.
Your student will join Skeeter, Anna, and Susie on a fun writing and fishing adventure. Through full-color worksheets and exercises, your student will learn to recognize and create precise letters. This unique, whole-child approach is a fun and unforgettable way to learn cursive penmanship.
Within the course, your students will:
- Earn badges for their work
- Complete fun activities and projects to develop muscle control
- Review each letter throughout the course
- Learn attributes of Christ’s disciples as fishers of men
- Grow spiritually
- Experience the wonder of God’s creation
Every letter will be covered for three days. On the third day, there is a weigh-in section, and every few weeks, students will participate in a Fishing Derby or Gear Up activities where they review letters they have learned up to that point. This gives a fun way for built-in review and builds up their confidence. Watch for Weigh-In challenges throughout the course so they can complete the challenges. 528 pages, softcover. Grades 3-6.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means we may garner a small commission at no cost to you if you choose to make a purchase. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure Statement for more information.