Quickly and easily schedule your North Star Geography curriculum from Bright Ideas Press with this official, publisher-approved lesson plan for use with your Homeschool Planet subscription. North Star Geography covers basic geography skills (maps, navigation) as well as physical geography (topography, biosphere, structure of the earth) and human geography (environmental stewardship, agriculture, culture, heritage & more) all from a Christian perspective.
North Star Geography
What You Get:
- The publisher-recommended course of study with 160 daily lessons that cover geography skills, physical geography, and human geography.
- Checkboxes for your students to check off as they complete their assignments, providing them with a sense of accomplishment and a permanent record of their achievement.
- Automatic lesson plan updates as needed, with enhancements, link updates, etc.
Note: You decide whether to apply the updates.
Please note: Curriculum is not included with your lesson plan and should be purchased separately. Select the "More Info" link located in each lesson plan option below for a description of the curriculum and an affiliate link to purchase the curriculum. These lesson plans are subject to copyright laws and cannot be used beyond those in your household. By “household” we mean a person or persons sharing the same single family housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. You may reach us with any questions at email@example.com.
- Automatic rescheduling of assignments when "life happens"
- "Daily Digest" email reminders to help you and your child stay on track
- Grade your student's work to recognize or reward completion.
- Track attendance for states where this is required.
- Generate reports, reminders, and much more!
North Star Geography For Grades 7 - 12
The curriculum for this North Star Geography lesson plan can be found by using the following link~
North Star Geography
By Tyler H. Hogan / Bright Ideas Press
Geography can encompass so much more than identifying places on a map! North Star Geography from Bright Ideas Press covers basic geography skills (maps, navigation) as well as physical geography (topography, biosphere, structure of the earth) and human geography (environmental stewardship, agriculture, culture, heritage & more)- - -all from a Christian perspective.
Each lesson in the reader is approximately 10-15 pages and geared towards Jr. High - High School students, though it may be adapted for younger students; the text features full-color maps, illustrations, and interesting sidebars. Accompanying each lesson in the download companion, hands-on project options, as well as an "atlas building" section where students label outline maps are provided. Note-taking pages feature ten questions taken from the text and which can be used for review or comprehension questions, as well as for a study guide for the exam. A memorization list is also included with the countries, regions, and features to know. The Companion Guide download also includes research questions, a quiz for each lesson, a final exam, test answer keys, defined vocabulary lists, graphic organizers, and a grading rubric.
Scripture is from the NKJV and ESV. 283 pages with glossary, hardcover. Companion Guide download access included. Approximately 8.5 inches x 11.25 inches. Designed for one year though three scheduling options are provided for a 16-week, 32-week, and 64-week course; grades 9-12. 1 high school credit. 16 lessons in 3 units.
The Companion Guide download includes:
- Hands-on activities and projects
- Map work, memorization, and geographic research questions (with answers!)
- Quizzes, a final exam, answer keys, and a grading rubric
- Reproducible outline and reference maps, note-taking pages, and graphic organizers
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means we may garner a small commission at no cost to you if you choose to make a purchase. Read our full Affiliate Disclosure Statement for more information.