Adding a Plug-In Lesson Plan
Now that you have added a School Year Calendar, set up your Family Profile, and selected a Background Theme it is time to apply the free plug-in lesson plan you selected with your Homeschool Planet Free Trial. To apply your lesson plan see the directions below!
Applying Plug-In Lesson Plans
- After logging into your account, click on the drop-down menu labeled “Calendar” in the upper right-hand side of your screen and choose the “Lesson Plans” option.
- On this screen, you will see all your lesson plans listed in two sections, one for your “Purchased Lesson Plans” (those you have purchased from the Marketplace) and the other for “My Lesson Plans” (those that you have either created from a class or made from scratch). If you did not purchase any additional lesson plans you when you opened your free trial you will see just that plan.
- Select the “Apply this lesson plan” text link to the far right of the plan name.
- The next window will ask “Which assignments do you want to include?”
- In the “I want to include:” field, select either the “All assignments in the lesson plan” or the “Only the assignments I select” option.
- If the “All assignments in the lesson plan” option is chosen, click the “Next” button.
- If the “Only the assignments I select” option is selected, a list of the plan’s assignments will appear. Select which assignments you want as well as if you would like to “include notes” when the plan is applied by checking or unchecking the boxes. When you are satisfied with your selections, click the “Next” button.
- The next window will prompt you to select the subject of the class. You can also select the “Add a Subject” text link at the bottom of the list to open the field for creating a new subject. Once you select a subject, the “Next” button will be available to click.
- In the next window, you will be asked “To whom do you want to assign this class?” Check the box(es) beside the appropriate student(s), and click the “Next” button.
- The next window will ask “What is the schedule for the class?” Select the options that fit your needs, then click the “OK” button in the lower right of the window.
- A confirmation window will pop-up. Select the “OK” button and your lesson plan will now be applied to your planner.
A few things to note:
- Purchased lesson plans from the Marketplace have a specific number of days and weeks recommended by the publisher but you can select the number of days per week you wish to utilize the plan.
- If you already have applied a lesson plan, or started a class to your calendar their will be additional options. You can learn more about lesson plans in the Lesson Plan section of the User Guide.
- Editing of plans can be done after they have been applied to your planner, including adding grading categories if they were not part of the original lesson plan.
Adding a Lesson Plan Screenshots:
Adding a Lesson Plan Video Tutorial:
As always, feel free to reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com. We are here to help you!
For more information about setting up your Homeschool Planet account see the following entries:
- Setting Up a School Year
- Setting Up Your Family Profile
- Customizing Your Theme
- Setting Up Attendance Tracking
- Setting Up Hours Tracking
Not a Subscriber yet? Check out Homeschool Planet for yourself with a 30-day FREE trial. No credit card information is necessary to give it a try!
With Homeschool Planet lesson plans, homeschooling has never been easier!