It is soooo convenient to have all the info you need together in one spot! Homeschool Planet helps you accomplish that in multiple ways, including adding birthdays to your calendar. Learn how to add birthdays (and other annual events too!) with the instructions in this User Guide entry!
- After logging into your account, click on a blank space in your calendar, then select the “Birthdays…” option.
- In the “Create Activity” window, use the drop-down menu in the “Category:” field to select the subject or to “Add a Category” Next, fill in the Activity title field if you would like. Use the “For Whom:” drop-down menu to select your student(s).
- Next, you will want to determine the time frame for your class using the drop-down menu for the “When” field. There are quite a few preset options as well as a “More choices” option for creating a customized schedule. Here are the steps for creating a customized schedule:
- Select the “More choices” option in the drop-down menu which will open the “Edit custom schedule” window.
- In the “When” drop-down menu, select “Custom schedule…” at the bottom of the list.
- When this option is select, you will be able to choose a repeat pattern, specific days, and times. To the left of these fields, you will also be able to set the “Starting” and “Until” dates.
- When you are satisfied with your schedule selections, click the “Save” button in the bottom left of the window which will take you back to the “Create Class” window.
- If you have chosen one of the preset options in step 3, choose your “Starting:” and “Until” dates and an “At this time:” if you want the class to be held at a specific time. Go to Step #6.
- (If you are planning to add chores to an activity that is already set-up simply choose the title of the activity from the Calendar and then choose Edit from the pop-up box.)
- Next go to the Tasks tab, in the “Show” fields, select your “From:” and “Through:” time frame for a repeating assignment.
- For a single chore, below the “Show:” section, locate the “To every class day, add this:” field and enter your information.
- Select the “Add” button and a confirmation window will open. Review the information, select the appropriate button to either fix or make them all the same. If you are happy with your plan, select the “Yes, make them all the same” option, and another confirmation window will open. Review the information in this window, then select the “OK, add them” button.
- For multiple chores per day choose the “More options” link and follow the prompts. *This process follows the same guidelines as adding multiple assignments.
- That’s it! Select Save & Close!
Adding Birthdays Screenshots
Adding Birthdays to your Planner Video Tutorial
As always, feel free to reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com. We are here to help you!
Check out these other entries about Activities you can add to your planner:
Not a Subscriber yet? Check out Homeschool Planet for yourself with a 30-day FREE trial. No credit card information is necessary to give it a try!
With Homeschool Planet lesson plans, homeschooling has never been easier!