Adding Community Service Hours
Yes, you can track your students’ service hours within a class or activity created in Homeschool Planet just for your community service (link here for how to get started) and then pull a “Class Hours” report at any time to find the cumulative amount you may wish to add to your report cards or transcripts afterward! For more directions, see below.
How to Add Community Service Hours
- After logging into your account, click on a blank space in your calendar, then select the “Everything Else” option.
- In the “Create Activity” window, use the drop-down menu in the “Category:” field to select the category you need or select “Add a Category” if you want a new category. Next, fill in the Activity title field.
- Select a color from the Color field if you would like a different color than the default for the Category you selected.
- Now select the student(s) whose Community Service Hours you will be tracking.
- Next, you will want to determine the time frame for your Community Service Hours using the drop-down menu for the “When” field. The default is that the event will occur only on the date it is applied to the calendar but there are quite a few preset options as well as a “More choices” option for creating a customized schedule. Here are the steps for creating a customized schedule:
- Select one of the pre-set options from the When drop-down menu or choose the “More choices” option in the drop-down menu which will open the “Edit custom schedule” window.
- In the “When” drop-down menu, select “Custom schedule…” at the bottom of the list.
- When this option is select, you will be able to choose a repeat pattern, specific days, and times. To the left of these fields, you will also be able to set the “Starting” and “Until” dates.
- When you are satisfied with your schedule selections, click the “Save” button on the bottom of the window.
- Set a start and end date for your class if you do not want them to follow the pre-selected default of No end date.
- Choose whether this is an All day event or in a specified window of time.
- Next go to the Tasks tab and enter any additional needed information. You may use the “To every day/week, add this:” field to enter the same info, such as a location or other pertinent information, to each day this activity occurs.
- You can upload documents, add convenient reminders, or link to websites if needed.
- That’s it for the set-up! Select Save & Close!
- For information on seeing how to record Community Service Hours please see the entry titled Getting Started Tracking Class and Activity Hours.
- To create a report to see the Community Service Hours your student has completed see the entry Creating Class Hours Reports.
Adding Community Service Hours Screenshots
Adding Community Service Hours Video Tutorial
As always, feel free to reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com. We are here to help you!
Check out these other entries about Activities you can add to your planner:
Not a Subscriber yet? Check out Homeschool Planet for yourself with a 30-day FREE trial. No credit card information is necessary to give it a try!
With Homeschool Planet lesson plans, homeschooling has never been easier!