Ever wonder what the red, yellow, and green colors that appear in the checkboxes next to assignments mean? Read on to find out!
Meaning of Checkbox Colors next to Assignments
When you click on a checkbox it will turn green. Click again and it will move to the next color. Missed your color- just click again and cycle through the options!
- Green means that the assignment has been completed and ready for grading if grading has been set up for the assignment.
- Yellow means that the assignment is in progress. For example, your student has a reading assignment that they started but aren’t able to finish. The assignment can be marked yellow to let you know that it’s in progress but not yet completed. Another example of why the box might be marked yellow is to notify the teacher that an assignment needs to be graded before changing it to green (completed).
- Red means that the assignment was not completed or is past due. This is a great way to know when a student has not finished their work, needs additional help, or when an assignment is past the due date. Once the assignment has been assessed by either the parent/teacher or student, it can be changed to yellow or green.
Students love this feature, as it provides them with a feeling of accomplishment. You can set up a system with your student to allow them some freedom, responsibility, and accountability for their schoolwork. We think that this helps build confidence and character in students.
Because parents use the checkboxes in a variety of ways, we hope that you will find the method that will work best for your family.
As always, feel free to reach out to us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you!
For more User Guide entries about Assignments, please see the links below:
- Assignment Generator
- Rescheduling Helper
- Assignment Lists
- Adding an Additional Assignment to a Day
- Same Assignment Every Day
- Creating Multiple Assignments per Day
- Adding Shared Assignments
- Adding Notes to Assignments
- Adding a Reminder
- Checking Off Future Assignments
- Delete an Assignment
- Delete Multiple Assignments
- Editing Assignments
- Hide Completed Assignments
- Marking Several Assignments Complete
- Moving Assignments
- Assignments Not Showing Up in Digests
Not a Subscriber yet? Check out Homeschool Planet for yourself with a 30-day FREE trial. No credit card information is necessary to give it a try!
With Homeschool Planet lesson plans, homeschooling has never been easier!